Male Empowerment?

All our life, we as male species have been taught to respect women. To respect them, to treat them rightly, to be kind to them - to be a "gentleman" to them. But today, after many years of "empowering women", I wonder if we need a reverse male empowerment?



Physically, women are generally the weaker half. For that reason, we must not raise our hands to make a point. Women, specially in rural areas, developing countries, have endured the wrath of men's irrationality, and no doubt should be freed from this and allowed to be equal, in all aspects of life.


But very recently, I've started wondering if (and this is just restricted to the very cosmopolitan cities) if we've empowered women so much that the power is now in their hands?


Sounds crazy? I'm not so sure.


I guess this theory has been floating in my head for a while now, but it took shape when I saw one of my friend stop his car, allowing a women to cross the street. He did not do the same for another man. And subconsciously, I think all men act like this. Granted, being nice to women is a must - but does that mean we have to do it at our expense?


I cross Oxford Circus everyday, and wherever I look, all I see are places for women to shop.


You go to clubs, and guess what, free entry for women, and of course a minimum of £20 entry for us...these small little things bother me!


These days all I see is guys ready for commitment, and girls playing it cool.


And this makes me wonder..is it time for male empowerment

2 comments:

  1. SOME guys are ready for commitment.. ahem lol. Girls do play it cool I suppose only some of them though! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear WRITER!

    Although you seem to be one of those rare species called Gentlemen...it is important for us to keep in my mind that Traditionally men have always had a soft corner for the fairer sex...
    which explains why your friend stopped for the woman to cross and did not repeat it for a man...

    It sounds unfair when you mention that there are many places for women to shop.
    Well! it is a fact, and Men have always been the bread winners or the one who earns money...and women had always been the ones who handled the rest including the spending part...
    This explains the psychological reason why shopping is mostly associated with women...
    It gives them access to the outside world...without having to give away their femine grace...(ok that was too much I know)
    These is like the benefits of the women living in comopolitan cities cause they enjoy an equal value as men and they also enjoy the privileges which are given to women keeping in mind that they are comparitively weaker...

    Well! the last part about the clubs etc. I do agree it does not make sense! People use such ideas as business tactics...but all of us know that it is stupidity...these men are the ones who let the women take them for granted...thus, all the men have to accept what comes their way without being the actually person to make these lame mistakes.

    ReplyDelete